This is an amazingly easy cheesecake recipe that does not require patience and lots of spare time. This is quick, simple and fresh and, best of all, irresistibly scrumptious!
- 125 grams crumbled
- digestive biscuits
- 75 grams of butter, melted
- 450 grams cream cheese
- 60 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 450 mls double cream
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
- Press this mixture into a 20cm/8” springform cake tin or individual ramekin pots. Press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge. Chill until firm.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
- When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, un-mould and decorate with fresh fruit of your choice and sprinkle with nuts.