As another academic year begins, we’ve been giving our lunchbox ideas a refresh.
Sandwiches and Wraps
- Turkey and avocado wraps with wholegrain tortilla.
- Hummus and veggie wrap with carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers.
- Tuna and cucumber finger sandwiches.
- A twist on the old classic. A BLAT sandwich (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato) on wholewheat bread.
Roll-Ups and Pinwheels
- Turkey and cheese pinwheels using wholewheat tortillas.
- Spinach and cream cheese roll- ups.
- Smoked salmon and avocado wraps.
- Chicken Caesar salad with grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, croutons and Caesar dressing (pack dressing separately).
- Quinoa salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese and a lemon vinaigrette.
- Mixed greens salad with grilled veggies, chickpeas and balsamic vinaigrette.
- Hard-boiledeggs,crackers, cheese slices and grapes.
- Trailmix with nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and a few dark chocolate pieces
- Greek yogurt withhoney, granola and sliced strawberries. (Remember: no nuts or granola if it’s for a school lunchbox, in case of any allergies)
- Sushi rolls (vegetarian or with cooked fish) with edamame and sliced fruit.
- Cheese cubes, crackers, baby carrots and a yoghurt pot.
- Mini meatballs, roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli and a fruit cup.
- Mini pitta pockets with hummus and cucumber slices.
- Cheese and wholegrain pretzel sticks.
- Apple slices with cream cheese for dipping.
(using a thermos):
- Vegetable soup (minestrone, tomato or butternut s quash) with wholegrain bread.
- Chili with lean ground turkey, beans, and diced vegetables.
- Oatmeal with berries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Pasta salad with grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, olives and Italian dressing.
- Stir-fried veggies and tofu with brown rice.
- Homemade pizza slices with tomato sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings.