Direct cremation is an affordable alternative to a traditional funeral. The cremation takes place without any service at the crematorium, and without mourners or a minister present.
Located on the Isle of Wight and brought to you by independent funeral directors with nearly 200 years of experience looking after families on the Island, a direct cremation separates the celebration of life from the cremation.
Isle of Wight Direct Cremation is the only funeral directors based on the Isle of Wight dedicated to this style of service.
What’s the difference between a direct cremation and a traditional funeral?
The cremation takes place without anyone present allowing you and your family the freedom to celebrate your loved one at a time, place and venue of your choice. We carry out this service in the same dignified, professional way as we would do for any funeral that we undertake. The simple nature of a direct cremation is reflected in the price.
How much does a direct cremation cost?
Isle of Wight Direct Cremation have two options to choose from:
- ‘Island Way’ is £1,695.00, this is for a direct cremation at the Isle of Wight Crematorium
- ‘Wessex Way’ is £1,495.00, this is for a direct cremation at a mainland crematorium. This option is for families that would like to take advantage of the savings that mainland crematoriums offer. Both these options are all inclusive with no hidden additional costs; unlike mainland providers who charge additionally for ferry fares.
Why choose it?
- Less expensive than a traditional funeral
- It allows you the freedom and flexibility to focus on celebrating a life well lived.
- Freed up from the cremation, it opens up the options for venues and times, even weekends, to hold your celebration.
- A simple and easy to arrange process
What’s the difference between Isle of Wight Direct Cremation and a mainland provider?
- Isle of Wight Direct Cremation are based here on the Island — and can promptly take your loved one into their care without the need for travelling over by ferry involving lengthy and distressing delays.
- They usually meet you face to face either at their Island offices or in the comfort of your own home, but due to current restrictions of social distancing, can make all arrangements on the telephone
- Mainland providers courier the ashes back to you whereas Isle of Wight Direct Cremation provide a more personal service by returning them to you at home, or you can come into either the Bembridge or East Cowes office.
- Isle of Wight Cremation are locals too and understand the local community.
Who is Isle of Wight Direct Cremation?
An independent family funeral directors based here on the Isle of Wight — and the Isle of Wight’s longest running established undertakers.
They have offices based in Bembridge and East Cowes, so you can come in, or call on 632598 or even visit online at www isleofwightdirectcremation.co.uk.
With over 190 years of experience, Isle of Wight Direct Cremation are on hand to make a difficult time easier.
Do Isle of Wight Direct Cremation offer pre-paid direct cremation funeral plans?
Yes! Often people like to get their affairs in order to avoid expense being left to their loved ones at a distressing time. Plan holders often say that this can be a big weight off their mind.
A pre paid funeral plan offers total security. There are flexible payment options too. Isle of Wight Direct Cremation use Golden Charter pre-paid funeral plans as they allow you to pay at today’s prices and avoid rising costs.
Who is Golden Charter?
Golden Charter is the UK’s market leader for providing pre-paid funeral plans to Independent Funeral Directors since 1989.
Your funds are safe and are placed into The Golden Charter Trust. The Trust will pay out for every plan that pays into it.
Visit isleofwightdirectcremation.co.uk or call 01983 632598 for more details.