WINNER ANNOUNCED: Treat Your Family To A Day With The Railway Folk
Congratulations to our winner, Marcia Harman! We found Marcia's experience about meeting Chris Evans and Billie Piper in Portugal brilliant, especially as she then accidentally managed to hit Chris with a door!
Enjoy a lovely day out with the family this summer with the Isle Of Wight Steam Railway!
We've teamed up with the railway to offer a family pass for four (two adults, two children) to enjoy a day with the Railway Folk on June 12 and 13.
About the event:
The Railway Folk return to Havenstreet in 2021, bringing with them they usual blend of fun and chaos!
Featuring Jenny, Tamp, Ratchet, Burt, Max, Penny, Derek, Dusty, Nipper, Mrs Cumberpatch, Old George, Mr Beeching, Smokebox the Station Cat and Basil the Mouse, this host of captivating characters and imaginative street theatre will appeal to everyone aged from 2 to 102 years!
Included in the pair are all sorts of fun and activities for the family to enjoy, including:
- Steam train rides – two train services in operation
- Street theatre around the station
- Bird of prey displays on the events field with Haven Falconry
- Fun with Old George, who will be showing off his juggling skills
- Woodland walk and woodland stage
- Train Story Discovery Centre with interactive gallery for parents and children to enjoy.
To win this lovely prize, all you need to do is comment below, telling us what the most interesting thing is to ever happen to you on a journey and why! As ever, we'll pick our favourite, and reveal the winner on this page!
The closing date is Friday 4 June - from all of us here, best of luck!