Welcome to the Isle of Wight Beacon
Established in 1994, the Beacon magazine has grown to become a truly all-Island magazine, yet still retains its local identity.
Four monthly publications: West Wight/Cowes, Newport, Ryde/East and Bay/South all now receive our new format A4 magazines. They are delivered door to door to over 64,000 homes and businesses. The Beacon is the only high quality monthly media that reaches all areas of the Island and is read by Islanders from all walks of life.
Our aim is to continue to grow the Beacon to provide the very best in information, articles and advertising opportunities and promote “all that’s good about our Island”.
The Beacon magazine and website aims are:
- To provide fresh local news relevant to each area through articles and photographs.
- To provide information about events across the Island, particularly through the local monthly Diary Page.
- To support local business by providing an advertising platform that works and news from Island companies - large and small.
- We concentrate on positive stories in order to promote community development and pride in the local area. It encourages networking between different sectors of the same community: local government, voluntary associations, non-profit making organisations, business and individuals.
- Contents include local topical news, Islandwide news of recent festivities and meetings and a researched historical “Island Story” that includes wonderful black and white photographs of well known spots on the Island.
- Features include the regular Recipe Page, Health and Beauty, Homes and Gardens, Beacon Directory and seasonal features on our beautiful Island.
Download the latest or old copies of the Beacon magazine from our site at http://www.iwbeacon.com/download-the-beacon.aspx
The Beacon team are dedicated to promoting "All that's good about the Island" and have a close relationship with all of our clients. The team are:
Editor: Sarah Benstead
Sales and Marketing: Kelly Knox, Lou Scott-Attrill and Rose McGrath
Graphic Design: Rachel Dangerfield, Tracey Watt and Simone Dickens
Accounts: Cherrill Cuthbert
IW Beacon, Media Centre Head Office:
8-10 Dodnor Park,
Isle of Wight,
Registered in England at the above address
Registered Number: 07599020
Telephone: 01983 522123
Fax: 01983 822109
Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.30pm (excluding UK bank holidays)